Monday, September 7, 2009

This weekend ROCKED!!!!




Ok, so I bucked up and went to the beach alone. Ive NEVER done anything like that before, so it was a really big deal (to me, but everyone else thought I was being a freak). Im SO glad I did it!!!

So, first, I must've looked really lost, cause when I first got there, this really nice group of people "adopted" me. They had me sit with them and hang out with them during waiting part and then the opening band. I was really uncomfortable at first but quickly got over it! Towards the end of the opening band, we all went to the front, and I got front and center with the microphone. Basically, I could've jerked the microphone stand off stage if I was so inclined, lol. Anyway, when Jamey came out, I was so close, it was PERFECT!! He played for almost 3 hours... Lots of songs Id never heard him do live before..

Afterwards, I ran into Arlis, who realized I had the jamey shirt, and he said he was taking me on the bus to get it signed. After I finished vomiting from nerves, I agreed that sounded like a great idea. lol. Unfortunately, in the interim, I picked up a straggler girl with a picture to be signed, and Arlis wouldnt take us both on the bus. Oh well. He did take my shirt and girls picture in to get signed though, and after about 20 minutes, Jamey decided to come OUT and sign my shirt for me :) So, we hung out and chatted about 15-20 minutes before they had to pull out (the other bus had already left). He gave me a hard time about the shirt and wanted to draw on it, so he drew a picture of himself (hilarious, btw). Nobody else (except picture girl) and myself got a meet & greet. I was stoked :)

Then....Jess called me at 9 and woke me up (after getting in bed at 5am, I was stilllllll exhausted) I took the fastest shower in the history of mankind, brushed my teeth with my finger (forgot my toothbrush) and headed out of Myrtle Beach. She and I got to my house within 10 minutes of each other (I was racing her when I wasnt falling asleep driving, lol). We ate a quick meal and headed out to Danville (she drove, thankfully). I made it to Greensboro before I went into a 30 minute coma. The Danville concert kicked butt! We both bought us some fancy shmancy shirts (Jamey shirts,of course) and will be stylin in some upcoming shows :). James Otto was semi-gay, but has cool points for helping with In Color. After the show, Arlis took my shirt to get it signed, and jamey signed over top of his name (he's a turd) and then had Otto sign the back (*Note:IF James Otto had signed the front, I would've thrown a huge fit and cried, lol).

The entire weaekend was soooo busy, I feel like it was just, Idk, flying (not with angels, mind you). I cant WAIT for our next trips! We're gonna have so much FUN!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed this - it looks like it rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I so out of this...is this a local band or a national act? Like I said, I am so out of the music scene.

    sounds like you had a fun time!

    Sorry I've been a little under the "fog" latley!

    ReplyDelete