Thursday, June 24, 2010

VLCD #13 - Grilled Cheese are still the devil

Im still recovering. Finally off the 'freeze' and down a pound, but its a pound that I accumulated from eating grilled cheese. Oh well, still its down a pound!

I went to the drug store yesterday to buy 1/2cc U-100 syringes to give my injections with. I asked the lady where they were and she points and says "over there". At first, I thought outside of the pharmacy but then realized that she meant behind the counter. I told her I needed 1/2cc U-100. She grabs up a package and says "these?". I said "how long is the needle?" She says "I have 30g & 28g". No, I told her, 'how LONG is the needle?" She repeats 28g or 30g. Obviously seeing the exasperation on my face, she turns around and asks the pharmacist how long the needles are and tells him they are 28g & 30g. I said 'Guage is how WIDE the needle is, I need to know how LONG"... The pharmacist was in on it too and tried to explain, slowly, to her what length vs width really was. Finally, in her own frustration, she brings ME the package. I kindly showed her where it said LENGTH. Right on the package (I tried to explain THAT to her as well). When we paid and walked away, John informed me that her name tag indicated that she was the HEAD pharmacy technician. SCARY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment