Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Infertility is a shit sandwich.

Just so you know.

No matter whos side holds the "card", it sucks for everyone. Both parties involved suffer.
When you are a kid and you dream of your future, somehow, nobody ever imagines the doctor say Oh guess what? You're gonna need a lot of help to reproduce!. I come from a long line of breeders. So does my husband :) The thought never even crossed our minds. Thats all I had for today. I just wish things could be simpler. We were supposed to start our IUI cycle again this month, but when the pharmacy called, they quoted us $967 JUST for the injectable medication. Lots of other medications go along with it, as well as the actual procedure. We are unsure of our insurance coverage at this point, so we decided to wait it out for a month, so we can get Christmas firmly behind us.

As a side note, I had a wonderful Christmas. Hubs got me a new laptop with WINDOWS (which, until you try Ubuntu, you cant fully appreciate windows, trust me), AND a kodak gallery, which means I can once again edit, publish, print..whatever I want, with all my pictures. Im STOKED! Mom got me a new camera (Kodak Z981), 26x optical zoom, 14mp.. And, I cant WAIT to really take some pictures. Its incredible. I had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas....but I think I mightve mentioned that. With all this mention of Kodak, they should start paying me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! - K

No comments:

Post a Comment