Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Daily musings of a chicken :)

No, not a real chicken...just me, the chicken...

So, on a semi-unthought out-self satisfying whim, I called up my dr to discuss the future of her assistance with my currently infertile womb. Apparently, in her books, all was a green light, and she was MORE than ready to help. About 15 phone calls later, the helpful nurse called in a prescription of Clomid to our local pharmacy. I am due to start it mid- November. I am scared to death. When I think about it, I need to vomit. So, apparently, I am a huge weenie, with no uh..well, you know...

Fostering is something that we are both still VERY much on board with, but at the same time, I keep thinking that Im doing nothing but getting older. What if I wait 3 years to start TRYING to get pregnant again? That puts me at almost 30, and then you're dealing with an entirely DIFFERENT can of worms! My initial thoughts were that I would just complete my weight loss, then try again. Even that will see me into the middle of next year before I even ATTEMPT again. Im just not sure I can get on board with that. Ya know?

So, the moral of the story is Im going to man up, and I'll let you know how it goes :) We have our home inspection on Nov 28. Hold your breath for us, so I can focus on the other. And now, im off to see what the dog is doing, since I can see her digging at the fence...I sure hope it isnt a snake!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what your situation is....I just want to let you know....I didn't have my first baby until 35 and my last at 38. I wouldn't worry too much about being in your 30's to have a baby. You're not even AMA....(advanced maternal age).

    Hope that helps. :) Will look forward to reading more on your journeys.

    Much Love,

    Tina

    ReplyDelete