Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Get your goat?

No? Well, I did! I picked up 2 of the cutest little goats yesterday! Thanks to wifey for allowing me the use of the horse trailer, and for spending their evening with me picking up goats, I managed to get them home safe & sound. We (I say 'we' loosely) trimmed their feetsies, let them poop in John's box of screws (on accident, honey, I swear it) and then settled them into their new fence. I was worried they wouldnt have enough room, but so far, they've moved about 12 inches one way or the other. They've dug a hole, they've climbed on boards (which gives me a heart attack) and they've eaten some hay. Good times. One doe is a Saanen cross and the other is an Alpine cross. The alpine is NAUGHTY. The saanen seems to be very smart and relaxed. And, our herd will be complete when my 2 baby goats can come home too! Only 2 more weeks!

Enjoy the pictures.. We've named them Maybelline and Jolene. Jolene has a cough, so we're gonna deworm her in hopes that the cough is because of lungworms. Isnt that fun? Just saying that makes my breathing a little wheezy! Anyway, enjoy the pics, really.


1 comment:

  1. sally who flew through to dew the newMay 13, 2010 at 8:47 AM

    I wuv your goats! I hope it is just a little lungworm that will DIE with tx. <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete