Thursday, May 20, 2010

onto IUI #3.

Number 2 was a bust. No go. I knew I wasnt pregnant, but still felt slightly hopeful that maybe, just MAYBE, Id be wrong? But nope. Not so much. This month, when we went for our d3 ultrasound, i asked about increasing clomid dose and adding injectables. Our RE was ALL FOR IT and started me on 150mg Clomid and 75 IU of Gonal-F. We return for our follicle scan ultrasound on Sunday the 23d. Im hoping for 20 little follicles. Id be happy with 4. We had the multiple discussion briefly this morning. If we get pregnant with 6, we're happy. (atleast, I AM HAPPY, John is cringing). If we have 6 follicles, we still want to go through with it. Sometimes the RE's try to get you to cancel if there are that many follicles, but at THIS point, screw that. Knock me UP!. And, my mom always says, if you're gonna do it, do it right. lol.

Took my first dose of Gonal F last night - I was sweating like a whore in church! Really really bad! Took about 10 minutes to start, and about an hour to stop. Very attractive. I also got a headache, but Im hoping that the more atrocious symptoms were because I also took Clomid last night. Tonight will just be Gonal-F. AND I get to take my injection at work! Fun freaking times.

All Ive read about injectables, even at this dose, have a much much higher success rate. Couple that with John's acupuncture (since IM a flake and havent been back) and we should be good to go! Wish us LUCK! This is it, people! (I sure hope so).

No comments:

Post a Comment