Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More Jamey Johnson road trips!

Hows it going, peeps? Just got back from another JJ Road trip! Jared & I travelled up to Covington Ky (or "Cincy", depending on which of us you ask) to see the man perform. It was a fantastic show. (Too bad it was a 7 hour drive) The only thing, this show seemed like maybe he was a little sad? He did predominately slower songs, with practically NO repeats from the previous 4 shows. He missed a couple lyrics, like maybe his head wasnt exactly there? Idk. Still an amazing performance. Hle coulda sang lullabyes, and Id still be hooked... At any rate, Jared and I planned to stay at a cheaper hotel, that was quickly dubbed "Stab City". The pictures online didnt do it justice. It definitely looked ever so slightly shady on the internet, but in person...wow. The doors to each room only worked one way. You had to enter the hotel through the lobby and could LEAVE through your room door, but that was it. The bathtub had, what Jared called an innovative foot bath, but really amounted to a clogged drain. Water stood in the tub for EVER after a shower. Quite gross. Jared managed to get a semi-wet pillow, and once I finally convinced him to get under the sheets, he pulled them back to reveal what could ONLY be a urine stain. LOL. He was quite disgusted.

Anyway, at the concert, we hung out with Jessica. I met her & Amy @ the Hollywood Hollow show, and had the pleasure of actually getting to know her a little better this time. Usually, I arrive just before things start, and its all a blur, where Im so focused on HIM that I cant function LOL. It was nice to be there early enough to do that (hang out, not focus obsessively). Jessica takes AMAZING pictures. Im hoping some skill will rub off on me. I had decided beforehand that THIS concert was going to be the one where I got a guitar pick. Apparently, I didnt focus the energy enough, because yet again, the person directly to the right of me got it! It was all good though, since that was Jessica. After the show, and the sweltering 900 degree heat, we went up to meet him. I asked him why did everyone to the right of me always get the pick! He made some joke about staggering up to the front and handing one off, which I dubbed as crap, since she totally deserved the pick for all the awesome pics she takes (get it? picks/pics yeah, ok, tough crowd) Then, he pulled some picks out of his pocket and let me pick one! That, btw, was WAY cooler than him giving me one on stage. He posed for a couple pics with me, signed my shirt, my boot (the left one this time) and my guitar pick. Made some embarrasing jokes, which I will not repeat on here, and I went on my way. As I was leaving, Arlis reminded me to take my purse, since I had almost left it at the previous show, in Asheville. So HA! They DO remember me! LOL.

I was so stoked after the show it took me about 2 hours to calm down. We finally went to bed, fearing the bugs and urine. Actually, I lied. When I finally hit the bed, I was OUT.

Saturday, Jared & I went to mamaw & papaws. Visited for a few hours and headed home. All in all, it was a good trip. Im not sure I could ever con Jared into going again, but once is all I needed :)

My chickens are growing like weeds! Ill take some pics tomorrow and post em for ya'll. Their hats are HUGE!!! I think thats all for now:) enjoy the pics! -k



this is "haha I just embarrassed you"
This is Jared's concert face.
more of concert face.
Amy, Me, Jmy, Me, Jessica, waiting to meet JJ


5 comments:

  1. You are just a stalker!!! HaHa
    Johnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont mind the 'concert face', I was in the midst of a battle between enjoying the show/being rowdy and falling sleep. As you know, the sleepiness won out by the night's end. But anyhow, I had a great time and I'd definitely do it again. Alabama? ehhh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way, it was great to meet you Amy and Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a grand ole time at the show with you & meeting your brother. Can't wait for the next adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did u get to meet him please let me know Derekeveritt@msn.com my wife and me are driving to Vegas 7 hrs. from us for the oct. 31 show and i would love to met the man

    ReplyDelete