Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Comedic Calamity

We had a mild calamity.

I got off work a tiny bit early on Saturday, and in celebration of our now smoke free state (I do mean the state of north carolina, btw, not our own personal state of being), I joined John & friends at the local pool hall to shoot the breeze for a few. We stayed a while, visited the waffle house, then headed home.

It is BITTER cold right now. Around 15 degrees at night. B-I-T-T-E-R. John was sleepy so we rode together, in my car, with me driving.
We got on the interstate and the wind was just pouring into the car, even though the windows were up. John realized his door wasnt closed all the way, so he pulled it - nothing. He opened it quickly (on the interstate, mind you) and shut it - nothing. Still open. He fiddled around and slammed the door about 2300444000 times before I decided to pull over. We stopped and he slammed it about 3004 more times before finally rolling the window ALL the way down, reaching out, grabbing the handle outside and shutting the door.
VOILA! It worked. Door shuts.
We can now continue on our finger numbing nose frozen journey. Get back on the interstate and GUESS WHAT? The window wont roll up. LOL. Seriously? I laughed so hard at his expression. Poor dude just wanted to catch a nap but was destined to freeze to death. We did finally manage to get the window up and all was well. He got a tiny nap before we got home...I was so amused!

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious lol. I can only imagine the swear words. So glad you and John are doing better sis.

    ReplyDelete