Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our news...

Its not great news, just news. I have struggled with how much I wanted to share, but Ive decided (largely in part to me being completely booooreeed right this second) that now is a good time to share.

John and I have decided to start fertility meds. We actually already have one month under our belts. The first month went really well (*slight blush*) but was unsuccessful in getting us pregnant. It was successful in a few things though.
1)I ovulated. Prior to this month, I had never gotten a positive ovulation strip. I did indeed have a positive strip, so that was good news.
2)My progesterone level came back @ 15. This level indicates, via blood, that I ovulated and the medication worked. Also a great sign. Confirmed that the strips were also accurate.
3)I found out that I did not have large cysts on my ovaries. ALso a good sign. Occasionally, people respond to this medication by developing cysts - sometimes, verrrryy large cysts that prevents the continued use of the drug.

We're on month 2 now and hoping for the best!! Think positive thoughts for us, and please send up a prayer.
And.... dont wonder where Im at if I find that I do not have the time to blog in about 2 weeks :)

Other things - in Nebraska right now, visiting my friend Wendy, who is ready to pop out her little boy any minute. She is adorable pregnant, and Im so glad ive gotten the opportunity to spend time with her before the baby comes, and to see her pregnant. I hate missing out on stuff like that with your close friends. Nebraska is BITTERLY cold right now (although today DID get up to 40 degrees) but its absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward to being home though :) (Not the flight, just being home, I miss my hubby) Here are a few pics - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment