Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I ♥ Faces -Texture!



Well, ive struggled with this all day. I was initially confused by the texture, then unsure what picture I should post. Ive settled on this one. I personally love nature photos, that include lots of texture, but they dont TYPICALLY include myself or anyone else. This is me with my boy, Angus. We were at my mamaw & papaw's house in West Virginia. This is one of the most relaxing places Ive ever been.

When I was a kid, the very bridge in the background petrified me. The wood is old railroad tie type planks underneath, covered with big flat planks on top. The spacing between them is so large (by large, I mean, 4 inches?) that I was convinced that I would fall through and into the creek below - the very same creek that I traversed on a regular basis. Somehow, it was way more scary when you could possibly fall in. This is also the very same bridge that I was left on while "snipe" hunting, and where I finally got the courage to cross it and developed a not at all believable story about the scary snipes I had nearly snagged. It wasnt til years later that someone foiled my confidence in telling me Snipes are fake. Whhooops :) Even today, at 26 years old, the bridge gives me pause. Im a chicken, and I hate bridges, what can I say? It is a gorgeous old bridge, though, and even through my terror I can appreciate that. I havent done a single thing to this picture - its just the way it was taken.. Hope you enjoy it too :) Please leave a comment :)




Want more cool texture pictures? Head on over to I ♥ Faces to see more!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, love the story behind my bridge! Beautiful picture, I love the dog in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story about the bridge! And the pic of you and Angus is great!

    ReplyDelete