Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ive been inspired.

I just read Mckmama's post (ya'll know her, right? She's like, famous!) about her friend, automated voice lady, and it made me think of bout a year a time when a NOT so automated voice caused me just as many problems.

In Feb 2008, we moved cross country, from Denver CO to Asheville NC. We arrived at our rental house around 9pm with 10 dogs and 6 cats. We hurredly unpacked and basically went right to bed. One of our dogs was due to deliver pups and the move caused her to go into labor. I got up at 4am and started assisting. In the midst of this, I was reminded tha we had no cable and no phone internet. I started with phone service.

I called up the ol phone company and got friendly, non-automatedMckmama's post people. I input my information successfully through the first people. I was exhaused though, and quickly having a hard time focusing on both delivering pups and setting up phone service. The final lady I had to deal with apparently inputted the most important information of all. Here is how this part went. Her: Ok, ma'am, its time for me to verify your contact information. I have you down @ 1233 Locust Road, Marshall NC. Me: Yep, thats correct. Her: Ok ma'am, I have your zip code as 27283. Me: uhhh Yep, i think thats correct. Her: Ok, ma;am, I have your first name as Kerri. Me: yep, thats correct. Her: Ok, and your last name is Shome. Me: No, its Horne *chuckle*. Her: Home? Me: Horne. Her: Harm? Me: no, H-O-R-N-E, HORNE, like a CAR Horn, except with an E. Her: OH, ok ma'am, i got it all corrected for you. Me: Oh good, thank you so much *sleepy chuckle*. Her: ok, i will forward you into our automated contract system now, just agree verbally to the terms.


First bill comes about 2 weeks later, KERRI CARHORNE. Yep, Kerri freakin Carhorne. Oh, and guess what? When I call to correct the name? I must actually drive DOWN to the office and show PROOF of my REAL name!? Are you kidding? I can sign up on the phone!!! So, anyway, they never did fix it. We are now the Carhorne's. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment