Thursday, April 9, 2009

Email arguments

I thought this was rather funny, so Im posting it here. I am looking for a wooden doghouse to make a quail coop out of for my cute little quail when they come. Ive been perusing CL for the perfect (note:cheap) doghouse. I sent an inquiry to a man on Craigslist today regarding his listing for 4 doghouses. This is how it went:

Me: Hi, id like pictures if possible. Thanks - Kerri

Him: Kerri,I'll try to post them later but to be honest I don't think their gonna last long. I've had several calls already.Their fairly common dog houses. Two are shaped like Igloos and the other two are squarish with barn type roofs.It's a dog house for $15 so I really don't know what your expecting but their not trash.

Me(riled up @ this point):LOL Im expecting a place to make a chicken roost. Im more interested in the barn type, thats why I would like pictures. If I think it would work, Id want one. If not, I'll make my own. No biggie. Either you can or you cant, dont sweat it. Thanks -kerri

Him:Fair enough....excellent response BTW although to be fair I think it's chicken coop.Nothing screams i'm a heathen redneck like a chicken coop in the front yard.I'll try to post pics of the later today if their not gone.Thanks, ****

Me (must have last word):Tomaytoe TomAHto (lol, get it? Had to spell it out!) My chickens will prefer to roost there vs being cooped up :) Its all in how you present it to them...and actually, I'll be using it for quail. Anyway, let me know, thanks alot -kerri

Then, I pondered these transactions, and realized he had called me a heathen redneck. Had to go back and respond again.

Me:And, anyway, Im planning to put my chicken coop just under my massive clothes line with tons of pink granny panties hanging on them...nobody will even SEE the dog house :) But thanks!


Now, after waiting about 20 minutes, Im sorely disappointed that HE took the high road and hasn't responded. I was really looking forward to continuing this argument! LOL im also guessing he wont' be sending me pictures??

He responded--finally..and.... it was flattering... here it is:
What a delightfully wicked sense of humor. I suspect if I weren't 40 and crusty we'd get along just fine. I lament the lack of intelligent women my age that know how to take a joke much less how to dish one out with such grace.Touche'. You win this time.I'll try to post pics later today.

2 comments: