Tuesday, April 7, 2009

World Travelers or Worldly Travelers (does traveler have one L or 2?)

Wifey & I took a trip. We travelled thousands of miles to pick up dogs.... Well, really, we only travelled 650 miles total...but man did it FEEL like thousands of miles when you are driving in snow.... we really DID pick up dogs... I bought 3 pointers from a man in KY. A female and 2 males. Im planning to try my hand at the bird dog training bit. Im pretty excited.

We first went to mamaw & papaw's house. I was very happy to get the opportunity to see them and to introduce Wifey... And, we got to feed an apple to the draft horse... Good times!
When we left the mans house, we missed a turn and ended up coming down this dark road that went back out to the Aa highway. As we were pulling up to the stoplight, this little skinny dog runs up from a gulley thing.. I screamed OMG A POINTER! Wifey, always the logical one, calmly tells me it ISNT a pointer...she opens her door, and the poor little dog was practically sitting outside of the door, just waiting on us to let her in. Wifey (with encouragement) drug her inside, and off we went. Shes a very thin little thing, probably hasnt eaten anything (except a plastic fork) in days before she found us! Poor kid!

So now, we're full to the gills...3 pointers in the back, and one skinny hound dog in the front. We (I mean wifey) named the skinny hound Klementine (with a K, for KY, get it? I gave her the K..). Wifey's bright idea was to give her crackers.. So i run in the gas station, buy some crackers...and guess what? She doesnt WANT THEM! LOL... Cant say I blame her, but still. Im still not convinced sure this wasnt just a ploy for wifey to get crackers...

Finally, after what seemed like a year on the Aa Highway, we made it back to 64. We recieved a weather update saying that snow was a possibility. Sure enough, almost as soon as we passed Charleston, it started snowing. I was wearing a t-shirt and neither of us had a jacket (oh wise women we are!). It snowed like crazy until Wytheville. We had to go 55 most of the way...took F-o-R-e-V-e_R!! to get out of west virginia. I was extremely bleary eyed by the end.. We stopped and I bought a phone charger and a jacket at the flying J in wytheville, and the rest of the trip was uneventful. We made it home safe & sound... I did manage to drive the whole way and get away with only 2 naps during straight stretches :)
Here are some pics of Klementine and the pointers (so far they are Bourbon, Bastian and unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment