Thursday, April 23, 2009

I had my heart broken today...

I found out that Jamey Johnson's May 15th show has been cancelled! Im seriously sad! I had to eat a poptart to console myself (LOL I just had to go back, I realized I had written 'poptard', LOL-ok, made me laugh). Anyhow, to make myself feel better, John & I scheduled an impromptu vacation to go see JJ @ The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville the end of May. I bought the tickets already, and I'll admit, I'm pretty freaking excited. Potentially, we'll get 2 full nights (and days) in Nashville. Neither of us have been to Nashville (to visit, not just drive through) since John was in school.. Thats been ages ago! Plus, all the puppies will be gone and we can enjoy a stress free few days. It'll be really nice!


The puppies are almost 6 weeks. Seems so hard to believe! They are growing like weeds... Literally. And I think they have beer guts.. Or kibble guts...or extra large guts? Idk.. Its impressive though. They flop like tubs of goo. And run like lightning. Lots of fun, but LOTS of mess at this stage. *sigh* Only 2 more weeks :)





Klementine got spayed today. Its a new clinic, in Surry county, about 20 minutes from my house. I am really in love with the place and the couple running it. They were extremely friendly & personable, knew the business and did a fabulous job. Klementine was SUPER excited to see me and they said it was the most activity she'd shown since I had dropped her off. I am taking Bourbon to get fixed next Wed. I dont think she's breeding quality, since she tops the scales at 30lbs. I'd hate to see her in a bad situation because some idiot bred her to a 70# dog.





Speaking of idiots and bad situations. My mother in law rescued (after some help finding OUT about the creature) a cute little tiny poodle that needed a c-section. She had been hit by a car as a pup and had sustained a broken pelvis. Since they didnt fix it, her pelvis had grown in such a way as to prevent delivery. They bred her anyway. She was in labor for over 12 hours. Straining/pushing hard for 8 hours. She had this horrible death scream. But, she won the lottery and got a c-section! She has one healthy little black poodle baby. They are currently staying with me until the pup is a little bit bigger. Thats all good, except Hagen thinks the puppy is a mouse. It squeaks, its small, and it wiggles. He's FAIRLY CERTAIN he needs to eat it. Kinda concerning. Not sure if little Annabelle will defend the baby or not. Hagen outweighs her by 11lbs though. Who knows. Anyhow, John is calling...Its time for bed... Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment