Sunday, February 8, 2009

Puppies are coming!!

Yay! Finally! We havent had a litter of puppies in over a year now..and we're looking very forward to our upcoming arrivals. According to ultrasound, we're tentatively saying there are 6 puppies... So, around late march, we should be getting little bundles of furry joy! So exciting!

We moved Tate inside the other day, so that she isnt exposed to the cold so much, as well as the rough housing of her siblings. I'm afraid the constant battering will injure the growing pups. Initially, I planned to let her sleep with us, but I woke up at 5 am to this very strange swishing sound... it was repetitive, and when I woke up enough to realize Tate was gone, I put it all together... I quietly snuck down the hallway, in a mostly sleepy haze (and probably ot so quiet, either) and found tate shoulder deep in the trash can... I yelled, she jumped out and was wearing a slew of Food lion bags around her neck (hence, the swishing) I beat her with a croc (love the crocs!) and put her in the kennel with Ruckus... The next morning, John started cracking up (he slept through the ENTIRE ordeal, btw) because Tate was wearing a cape ...a very stretched out grocery bag... Couple that with Ruckus' ecollar, and its like the Clampetts go Pointer...

We had to culture Ruckus' foot to see what kind of bacteria was growing under his wound, and we're still waiting on it to come back. Hopefully the antibiotics he's on will knock it out and he wont have problems with that leg... That would be really akward to try and show a 3 legged dog... Not to mention he wouldnt be able to run, or climb fences, or jump on the door, or escape from his kennel, climb on the bed, jump over the couch...wait a minute..on 2nd thought....?


Husband and I went to Asheville this morning... managed to make it there and back and I was only an hour late for work! As slow as it was, I likely couldve skipped work altogether andbeen A- OK. We did have one surgery...a "bloat" and it was disgusting!! I managed to dump stomach contents all over my hand and in between my fingers, on my pants & shoes and all over the floor.. Quite disgusting. Did i mention disgusting? Yeah.. All was well though and the bloated friend came through just fine... (slightly less bloated though!) Aside from that, it was a fairly understimulating day...


Later today, my new puppy Kistle comes home! I am SO excited! I sure hope Angus likes his new baby sister! My opinion, she's gonna give him a run for his money! She is already very naughty, in all her speckled glory!


I am running out of things to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment