Thursday, July 16, 2009

The bloodwork results are in

(Drumroll please...)

The phone rings, I answer. She ID's herself as the nurse. She says my thyroid results are back. She says everything is normal, (NORMAL, PEOPLE!!,NORMAL) and Nona (the midwife lady) says to just continue taking your medication like you have been. Me: (Chuckle) I havent been taking it. At all. Nurse lady: Oh, well, at all? Me: Nope. Nurse lady: ever?
Me: Nope (I did take it for 1 week, sporadically, but thats been months and months ago, if its still effective, ill just take one pill a month, lol). She was clearly at a loss for words, so I started explaining to her that I had a hard time believing that I had a thyroid condition, much less a condition that was strictly familial, with no family history. So, I bucked up, lost almost 40lbs and wanted it rechecked. She said well, it was clearly working because it was dead on normal. WHOO HOOO!!! I was right and they were wrong, nananaananana boooo boooo!

2 comments:

  1. I found your site from MckMama community. This headline caught my eye....I read a couple of your other posts....I like your humor & style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Right? I dont know if i believe this phenomenon! HA HA! Dont let it go to your head too long! JK! I am happy that you are normal(kindof):)

    ReplyDelete