Thursday, July 2, 2009

My little Angus is growing up.

Ok, so Im feeling especially nostalgic with my little angus. So, I'll share his story. Angus may be the only redheaded child I ever get, and hes extremely special to me. Has been from day one. When he came barrelling into my heart, with all of his 2.4lbs, I was a goner. Complete mental block. I couldve cried when I saw him in that tote, with the dirty newspaper. He was so cold, and almost dead. The "owner" wouldnt spend any money on him and preferred euthanasia. I couldnt hash it. I went in there with my heart on my sleeve, and begged for Angus' life. He (the "owner") relented and I had my little emaciated puppy. No more than 5 seconds after we gave him the Karo syrup, he wagged his tail and barked (a little half bark, mind you) at me. Hooked. Completely and utterly. I would've done whatever it took at that point to make him well. I am a freak. I wouldnt let myself believe he was going to live, in case he didnt. I was constantly checking his breathing while he was asleep. I made him take naps with me to ensure I could keep my hand on his heart (logically though, if it stopped, I woulda been asleep). I am completely irrational when it comes to him. I stopped taking him with me to work because I wanted to fight people who even sarcastically said bad things. Angus is my little man. He brings out mama bear. Now, I believe its safe to say he will live normally. I can start getting attached. Anyway, Angus was especially cuddly tonight, and it made me remember how special he was, and is. Musta been his birthday present to his mama :) He climbed up on the bed, smelling like fish worms and dirty pool water, and snuggled with me for a while. Then, he was over it, and went on to harrass the cat some. Its hard to believe Ive already had him 8 months! Time has FLOWN by. When I look back at the pictures where he was nothing but an enormous head, it seems unreal! But, hes still adorable :) Thats all. Sorry if this was immensely boring, but it made me happy.




~4 weeks.
13 weeks..




AngusAngus, 7/1/09, 7/1/099 months.


7/1/09 -9 months old!

1 comment:

  1. a post all about Angus and yet the bird's nest somehow still makes it in there :)

    ReplyDelete