Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Canine Catastrophe #1000

OK, so apparently, 2009 the year of bad animal problems. It is UNREAL.

Yesterday, a friend of ours called and their friends cat was lying around, meowing, posturing in the litter box but producing nothing, after being gone for 24 hours. I tried to explain he was blocked, but they just weren't sure, and had no money. They brought him over to check him, and sure enough he was. Their plan was to take them to a regular vet today, since they could NOT afford the ER bill (who can, really?). So, by the time our "company" left, most of the evening was burned up and well into the early morning. Husband and I straightened some things up and headed for bed. I checked the puppies, and noticed one tail looked swollen. I didnt really think all THAT much about it. After I'd been in bed about 20 minutes, Tate smooshed one and it started crying. I went to check it, and noticed that ALL the tails were swollen, some were purple, some were black already, and some had pus coming out. I FREAKED OUT. Called work. I was advised to bring them in.

I got there around 2:30. (A.M, mind you!) We worked on tails until just before 5. Poor puppies...it was horrible. I was an emotional wreck. I could barely restrain them for all the shaking I was doing... Dr L was wonderful, and helped to calm me down by being logical. Very important, when all the bad things that COULD be happening are running through my head. All caused because the sutures were just a little too tight! Its unreal! For now, the disaster is avoided, although some pups will have shorter tails! Poor little kids!

Wonder what Canine Catastrophe #1001 will be?

1 comment:

  1. Does this explain the 'pus and honey' status messages on facebook? If so, I still dont really get it... :\

    ReplyDelete