Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jamey Johnson (& the endocrinologist)

When I went to blog about the concert today, since Im totally stoked from it, I remembered I never shared the endocrinologist story.


First things first, right?

So, on Thursday, around 10, the office of endocrinologists calls and wants me to arrive around 1. I'd be seeing a different dr than I was normally scheduled for, but WHO CARES? So, I met my dr. Dr. N. He is about as hyperthyroid looking as it gets. Approx 8 ft tall and 47lbs, give or takea few. Very very nice, but he seems to struggle with being a genious. Like, perhaps, its very difficult to bring it down a level. He was slightly funny, however. He suggested that all their office pictures came from goodwill... Funny. Anyway, he felt up my neck, asked a bunch of questions ( a few made me blush) and then sent me off for bloodwork. He feels like its probably Hashimotos disease, and was shocked that mom isnt also afflicted with it, since its typically carried from mother to daughter. Sometime early next week he should get my results (since apparently they did not come back on Friday, like he suggested) and I'll start on meds. Yay! He did say it could be 6-9 months before we can resume trying to get pregnant. Oh well..

OK, so on to the concert... It was INSANE!!

We had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get there, down every winding back road that stokes county has. It was an obstacle course of sharp turns and deer. We finally get there, and the place is this massive looking barn type dig, with HUGE fields to park in. We were about 30 minutes early for seating to start, and we got in line. At this point, there were probably 100 people, maybe 150 people in line. By the time we actually GOT in the door, there were probably 500 people behind us. The line stretched ALLLLLLLL the way into this other field..it was crazy! HOW many people can this place hold!? So, we beelined it for the stage, and got a spot right beside the speakers, which was a direct view of what would soon be mr. hottie mchott hott himself. We had GREAT seats (or, would you say great Stand?) all through the opening band.. Got some great shots, and they did a great job. They covered Seven Bridges road and Hillbilly shoes back to back...Very excited! So, at the end of their songs, the owner comes up on stage and says he is sorry, a large number of counterfeit tickets were sold, and the fire marshall was shuttin em down, and everyone had to leave the building, and be counted before it was even POSSIBLE for Jamey to come on stage... Ok, so first we thought he was kidding, then decided he MUST be smoking crack.. then realized he was quite serious..So, outside we went..into this mad mob of people. We just tucked right into the front and waited. Everyone was screaming and yelling and cussing..it was crazy. Finally, the fire marshall opened the door, and started letting people in... Walmart christmas door busters had NOTHING on this... We made it in, and got ALMOST as good a spot as before. Turns out, over 200 people had to be turned away! I cannot imagine the anger. The cops said they HAD to refund money because there was going to be a riot. People were FURIOUS.
Ok, so He, Jamey freaking Johnson, FINALLY can come out...and next thing I know, a cop says excuse meplease, and he walks right by us... Right between the speakers and our bodies... Incredible! He put on a fantastic show. Started playing at 11...played until a little after 2 (which then became 3 becasuse of daylight savings..) went into his bus for about 15 minutes, then came back out and signed autographs into the wee hours.. (or maybe, wee-er hours) of the morning. He signed my CD booklet, and also stood and took a picture with us. Fabulous! He was EXTREMELY down to earth and VERY funny... I will go see him again, and I was very impressed... Alright, enough of that, here are pics!

He is very intense... Words cannot describe the emotions that play on his face when he signs his songs..

He was mad at the fire marshall..

This picture cracks me up, it was an OOPS by his road manager guy.. and Jamey laughed and said something like 'did you just take a picture of my...' (and kinda let the sentence drop..) I had NO idea he actually DID take that EXACT picture until we got to the car... LOL

John was lucky I let him in the picture.. It was an incredible moment.. His armpit was touching me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment