Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An uneventful (thankfully) series of days...

For the most part, not much has gone on (except my Jamey Johnson tickets!). The weekend was fairly busy at work, with not much ado. I did rescue a boxer puppy that later died. He presented to us with difficulty breathing and pain. His owners couldnt afford his treatment - not even his xrays, so I offered them relinquishment (is that a word?). They readily signed him over to give him the chance of survival. When I snapped his xrays, I initially thought he had cancer. His lungs were full of pea sized hazy areas, often referred to as "mets" - which usually means the cancer, from somewhere else, has metastasized to the lungs. It is VERY unusual to see a cancer in a puppy THIS young, even if it was a boxer. Around the same time that my head was processing all of this, Dr L calls over the phone and says its kibble - The puppy had literally aspirated his food. He had a belly full of the same sized hazy spots... I was just missing them because I was so stuck on cancer...Very bad! The most HUMANE thing for him to do was to be euthanized, so we did. Poor puppy...


Then, Sunday night, I got off just slightly early and went to take a nap because I had to go get my Jamey Johnson tickets! I got up at 4 and went to the Inlaws house, and she drove me to Spindale...2 hours away...and we sat in line for several hours... It paid off though! I got 5th row tickets! Yay! Cant wait! Anyway, thats all! Peace out homies - K

No comments:

Post a Comment