Friday, March 27, 2009

Yep, Im pretty sure

My heart is broken. Im angry, and Im sad, and im embarrassed. Im sad because I feel like I messed up, and this could've been prevented--somehow. Im angry because the driver didnt stop to tell us, he just let our poor girl lay out there in the road, cold and alone and broken. Im embarrassed because MY dog got hit. Me, the person who works in this profession. And my heart is broken. I have malicious thoughts about every truck driver. Im scared to look down the road past my driveway in case I see some sort of something that looks like it could BE from her... Im afraid to look past the tree to see the grass messed up. Im sad. I miss her. I didnt appreciate her enough, and now its too late. Ive looked for her bouncing up the stairs, cuddling (with her butt on johns pillow) on the bed, staring at me from under the table.. It seems so unreal, like it didnt really happen...at any moment she will come back. Ive thought of a thousand different ways it could've gone... She NEVER went to the road! Why this time? What changed? Man, im sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment