Saturday, March 14, 2009

Puppies!

Tate started having puppies around 3am on Friday the 13th (insert scary music here). She clearly didnt read the delivery manual, because she marched to the beat of her own delivery drum for the entire thing. Each puppy, initially, had about an hour and ten minutes between them. Finally, she got into the swing of things and was delivering about every 40 minutes... Could be that she also was noticing me nodding off and drooling at the edge of the whelping box, and she was concerned for her puppies safety (they are way too young to swim yet). Ive had extremely broken sleep for the past 48 hours and Im still exhausted. I cant imagine how the poor dog feels after pushing 8 puppies out. She seems to be resting fairly comfortably, and so far hasnt smooshed any babies to death.

Here is my scolding for the day. Are people reading my blog? Then leave a comment! I have no way to track whos reading, who likes, who doesnt like, nothing! I said I wasnt going to care, but I DO! Please, leave a comment occasionally :) If all 3 of you get together, you can rotate out who leaves one each time... I think its a great idea! Anyway, Im adding some puppy pics, enjoy :) -k






1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and get cranky if you don't post daily! LOL
    JOhnna

    ReplyDelete