Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow dogs & the endocrinologist


OK, so lets start with the worst (is worst actually a word??) part... The office of the endocrinologist called this a.m to reschedule my appt. Surely she must've known she was only moments away from ruining my day and sending me on a downward spiral, because she was rather chipper. The earliest appt they can schedule for me is April second! Thats another full month away. I handled the first month out appt well, because I can be patient ONCE.. Now, I might have to scream and act foolish. She said, in the ever chipper voice, that I would be added to the cancellation list, and that is updated daily. They would be SURE to call me as SOON as there was a cancellation. By this point, I had resorted to monotone responses. Then, I tried to correct my last name (from my maiden name to married name) and that almost kicked the chipper right out of her... She was really confused for a second and then said something like OH you got married? OK, well, bring us your new insurance card when you come in and we'll switch it over. I said, I got married 5 years ago, there isnt an OLD insurance card, its my ONLY insurance card with my correct name on it... "OHH" (squeal-ish girl voice) "I seeeee" (high pitched again) "well bring your new insurance card when you come and we'll get that fixed right up". me- "Ok, great, thanks" (flat, monotone). Clearly, she didnt get it. Oh well. She was nice atleast :)

So then I took all the dogs outside today to play and look cute in the snow so I could take some fabulous pictures (snow is a perfect backdrop). I wore crocs, no socks...since I had NO intention of getting IN the snow... I was fairly certain I could hop from one grassy area to the next. I took about 200 pictures of them playing and acting foolish. Then, Dan got fed up with Slim barking and jumped him. They of course, couldnt fight on a grassy area...they HAD to be in the deepest snow possible. So while they are trying to rip each others throats out and there is wailing and gnashing of teeth, Im running through the yard screaming (picture pajamas and camera in hand) and filling my crocs up with snow. In the mean time, the defender of justice, vicious killer pitbull #1, jumps in and is chewing everyones ears off! It was completely ridiculous and all over nothing! Once they finally stopped, I had to beeline it inside to get the snow from my toes before I got frost bite and had them removed. By that point, I was over --way over-- the picture taking and sent everyone into their kennels to sleep. Oh well, I TRIED! And I did get some great pictures! Enjoy :) Im off to clean litterboxes! - k


No comments:

Post a Comment