Monday, March 30, 2009

Ramblings of the 3am blogger...

The puppies went into the vet this weekend to get checked out. Unfortunately, Tate has a hard time minding her manners and has spent a large majority of her recent 2 weeks eating trash. This has induced "garbage gut" in the cute little puppies and has resulted in diarrhea. Puppy diarrhea is NOT good as the small bodies can very easily become dehydrated and die. The good news is that OUR puppies seem to be holding their own despite the rhea. The large majority of puppies weighed in at around 3# each. The smallest was about 2.5# and 2 larger puppies were almost 3.5#. Very happy with that weight gain! Tate is doing a phenomenal job (atleast at feeding) to have 8 puppies all right around the same weight. The pups are extremely mobile already, and are practicing their vicious dog barks and running. It is VERY cute.

John and I have decided to keep one puppy back for evaluation. I, personally, am already quite smitten with her. We've chosen a name already - Fern. This is in rememberance of her grandma and also ties her to her grandpa. Little Fern looks very similar to Ann at THIS point, and we only hope that she can be as intelligent as her grandma was(Kistle sure is!). Lil Fern planted roots in MY heart today when she peed on John's chest. This happened to be one of the funniest things Ive seen in a LONG time. I laughed uproariously for a long time (much to John's chagrin, mind you). Here is a pic of lil Fern, not quite 2 weeks old... We're hoping her nose goes all liver..


I have big plans for the upcoming few weeks. I ordered some equipment last week to help me get started in bird dog training. I am buying 3 dogs from a man in KY and plan to train them (fatten them up & socialize them) and rehome them. This may absolutely be a horrible idea, but atleast I can try! I am sincerely hoping to enlist the help of both Wifey & my dad. I think both are very intelligent, smart, intelligent, smart, intelligent (ok, im TRYING to butter them up, but im out of bread, I think) individuals who could teach both myself and the dogs something. My equipment gets here tomorrow, and then I have to enlist John to build me a quail coop (is it really called a quail coop? IDK!) and find some quail! My friend Matt said he'd trim the quails' flight feathers on one wing so they cant completely fly away, and we're in business! Looking very forward to getting not only the new dogs, but my OWN dogs out in the field!

This past Friday was John & I's anniversary. Five long years! We decided instead of going to a fancy dinner, we'd just go to Lowes & get some home improvement stuff. I picked up our gallon of paint for the previously painted orange room and convinced John to paint with me :) (No small feat, I can assure you). It took us until 1 something (am!) to finish the room, but it looks fabulous!


Work was fairly busy this weekend, and one super sweet kitty got my heart. Say your kitty prayers for little Catfish as he struggles to get better. He is very old, very skinny, and his electrolytes are NOT ok... That said, he spent the ENTIRE time purring and trying to make biscuits. And he has gorgeous green eyes. Lets hope he does well or is pain free during his struggle for life..




No comments:

Post a Comment